Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chicken and egg noodles.

I've been experimenting weekly with a few new recipes I come across online. Tonight's experiment was perfect since my doc has ordered me to a week off work and rest. I intended on making a crock-pot shepherd's pie but due to not feeling well I failed in laying out the ground turkey to thaw (don't worry, if the shepherd's pie is a success I'll share as well). I must have been meant to be because I made a crock pot version of chicken and dumplings with egg noodles...perfect sick/comfort food! I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did.

Ingredients:

- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast

- 2 10oz cans of cream of chicken 

-42 oz of chicken broth

-1/2 cup of butter, sliced

- bag of egg noodles

- ground black pepper (optional)

Five simple ingredients and super easy preparation. What more could you ask for.

Place all ingredients in crock pot. I used frozen chicken and it turned out fine.

For thawed chicken place crock pot on low heat for 4-6 hours. For frozen chicken, medium heat for 4-6 hours.

Half an hour before done, take the chicken out and shred. I use two forks and it falls apart. Return chicken to the crock pot along with egg noodles. Stir and set on simmer for 30 minutes.

And viola, dinner is done.

Super easy and it makes enough for a large family or for a few meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment